Sunday, August 2, 2009

Out and Ah-boot

Gots me a new camera.

It’s not a fancy camera. But it’s most certainly better than my current one, which is only capable of taking exactly three pictures before the battery needs to be recharged. And given that I will generally screw up around 5 pictures before I get a half way decent shot, I was left with um, not a lot of pictures of Jonas. At this rate, if we ever have a second child, we would just have to wait until he/she got their senior pictures to have something to put in the album. That is, if we had an album.

In any case, the little man, the new camera and I went to San Pedro Valley Park yesterday for a short hike. The woman at the front gate was quite adamant that I make sure that the receipt was taped to the window. You know, so that I wouldn't get a ticket. I'm pretty sure though, that it would have been pretty easy to remember that my car had had its parking paid for. As this is what the parking lot, which was about 100 feet away from where she sat, looked like:




(Note: the camera adds about 10 years to my car). But whatever. She was nice enough to direct us to the trail that was wide so that we didn’t have to worry about brushing up against the poison oak that was in full bloom. For which I am eternally grateful as having a four and a half month old with poison oak sounds like about as much fun, as say, a four and a half month old with poison oak.

The happy hiker:




San Pedro Valley Park:

No comments: