Monday, February 19, 2007

Bet on Ted!

For those of you that believe that the Reverend Ted Haggard's 3-week wind sprint "cure" from homosexuality will have as much holding power as scotch tape in a hurricane, check out http://BetOnTed.com where you can bet on when Ted will officially fall off the vah-jay-jay wagon. Half of the pot will go to the winner, and half will go to LYRIC, a San Francisco organization for queer youth.

You can pick any date between now and February 8, 2008, the anniversary of when it was announced that "[Ted] is completely heterosexual. That is something he discovered."

You see, he had simply misplaced his heterosexuality.

Say what you may about Pastor Ted, but I like this concept. Like some day, I hope to discover that I'm "completely responsible." Ahh, yes, there it went, it was in my coat pocket all this time...

And the Hetero Ted camp has advanced at least one more interesting theory. Apparently three years of mantastic blow jobs does not mean you're gay if "it wasn't a constant thing." A sort of five-second rule for sexuality, I guess. Of course my sex life isn't "a constant thing" either, but I don't believe that exactly makes me a virgin. What it does make me though, is a woman with a lot of time on her hands. Enough time in fact, to put five bucks down for December 3, 2007.

Here's to the good reverend coming through and coming out!

No comments: